Winona National Bank - Downtown
Electronic Banking Specialist
Position: Electronic Banking Specialist
Reports to: VP, Operations/IT Manager
Winona National Bank is currently looking for an Electronic Banking Specialist to provide excellent service to our clients! Join our team to see why we were named 2016 Best Place to Work by the Winona Area Chamber of Commerce.
Culture: Culture is an active pursuit at Winona National Bank! Our culture is one where open communication and teamwork are encouraged. Each coworker is a valued member of our team and is responsible for contributing to our positive culture.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions, Dental, Short-term Wage Continuation and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Wellness Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Training Opportunities, 401(k) with a generous Employer Match, Paid Volunteer Hours
Responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and support of the Bank’s electronic banking products and services. Provides support to clients in person or over the phone. Understands and completes job responsibilities in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service 40%
- Provides client support in person and over the phone to address and resolve customer inquiries
- Serves as primary support (internally and externally) for electronic services, including Internet Banking, cash management, bill pay and remote deposit
Electronic Banking/Operations 55%
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Bank’s electronic banking products and services applications
- Works with internal Bank staff to provide training and product delivery of electronic banking products and services
- Manages the ATMs including monitoring cash levels
- Manages the debit card, credit card and merchant card programs
- Assists in preparation of risk analysis of new electronic products and services
- Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring of electronic systems policies and procedures
- Analyzes and prepares reports on customer usage of electronic banking products and services
- Assists with relationships between key vendors
- Monitors the electronic banking fraud protection product and assists with fraud education for clients
- Backs up Operations Department, ACH, Wires, and Reg E specialists and other areas as needed
- Assists the IT Department as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities 5%
- Serves on Bank committees as needed
- Other job related duties necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position
- Participates in internal and external training and development opportunities as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A four-year degree or equivalent bank experience required; knowledge of Jack Henry Silver Lake software and other electronic banking applications desired.
History of Winona National Bank
Since 1874 Winona National has been an important part of the heritage and history of Winona, MN. Winona National’s downtown building was erected in 1916, originally housing both the Winona Savings Bank and the newly formed Winona National Bank.
Shortly after the historic building at 204 Main Street opened, the two banks merged to form "Winona National and Savings Bank". In 2001, Winona National and Savings Bank merged with its sister-bank, Town and Country State Bank, to once again form "Winona National Bank". At the time of this merger, both banks were subsidiaries of Winona Banc Holding Company. The merger allowed a consolidation of processing, combining of expertise, and three convenient locations in Winona: East, West, and Downtown. In 2017, a loan production office was opened in Eau Claire, Wis., to expand commercial loan services into the Chippewa Valley.
|Business Name:||Winona National Bank - Downtown|
|Street:||204 Main Street|
|City/State/Zip:||Winona, MN 55987-0499|
|Local Phone:||(507) 454-8800|